Our family was excited to have the opportunity to see Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World on our July 2018 vacation.
Planning our Toy Story Land trip was great fun and coming up with a summer strategy was different than our usual spring and fall trips. We knew that it would be extremely hot during the middle of the day, so we structured our schedule with a Fast Pass or activity in the morning, then a mid-day lunch reservation usually back towards our hotel so we could take some time back at the pool or animal watching at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then in the evenings, we would head back to the parks for more Fast Passes and fun.
The day we had on our schedule for Hollywood Studios turned out to be a bright and clear day, but also very HOT. So the mid-day break was welcomed! We took some time to go over and see the new Toy Story Land area, grab some lunch at Woody’s Lunch Box, and then went back to the resort to rest for a bit. Then we headed back to the park in the evening to ride Slinky Dog Dash!
Toy Story Land was great fun for the family, and we came away with FIVE must see reasons to visit Toy Story Land on your next Disney vacation!
Five Reasons to Visit Toy Story Land
1. Slinky Dog Dash – This ride was such fun! Definitely a must ride on your vacation and would be my pick from the Tier 1 rides for Fast Passes. It has a good length, and is full of fun drops, turns, and “slinky bounces” towards the end.
2. Becoming a Toy! – Ever wanted what it was like to be toy size? Well Disney may not shrink you down, but now you can feel like one of the toys are you’re walking around Toy Story Land. Even the restrooms were adorably themed!
3. Lunch at Woody’s Toy Box – While I will admit, this is not my favorite quick service location on Walt Disney World property, Woody’s Lunch Box had some great grab and go items for a quick snack or lunch. The “Totchos” were my favorite and will be my must order item on future trips!
4. Green Army Soldiers – The Green Army Soldiers were always a fan favorite when visiting the Toy Story area at Hollywood Studios, and now that Toy Story Land is open they play an even bigger role in the fun!
5. Alien Swirling Saucers – This was a fun ride, that was reminiscent of the Tea Cups ride, but with a spin. No pun intended. The cars hop between tracks while you’re riding, so that it adds an extra element to the ride. It was neat ride, and if you can’t get Slinky Dog Dash, would be my second choice for a Fast Pass.
As a bonus, on the way out – check to see if they have the alien Toy Story Land cups in stock. They make a great commemorative souvenir to bring home with you!
Check out our YouTube channel to watch the whole playlist of videos from our July 2018 Walt Disney World vacation:
**This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.